Sunday 1 May 2011

About music contests

Do you, as a songwriter, submit your songs to music contests? And if you do, what's the feedback you get? I know people that do it all the time. And I've done my share too. I got an account at Sonicbids a couple of years ago. And I thought it would be cool to see what the professionals thought of my music. So, I submitted my songs to lots of different contests. Some didn't even bother to send a personal rejection letter. Some were nicer and actually wrote nice things and encouraged me to keep writing. Out of all the music contests, the nicest one was the UK Songwriting Contest. And I'm not just saying that because I happen to be last year's rock winner. It goes beyond that. They are well organized and very friendly. You can actually trade messages with them and they treat you really well. And because of their high level of organization, you end up meeting lots of great, very talented people. I'm talking about other fellow contestants. The networking power of this specific contest is worth more than just being a winner, semi-finalist or runner-up. Because winning is awesome, but meeting awesome people is a rare gift.


Good Thing by dzrocks98

No comments:

Post a Comment