Thursday 28 April 2011

Memphis

I'm a Broken Social Scene fanatic. That being said, I was totally stoked when I found out Memphis was playing at the Casbah in Hamilton. We got there early and caught a couple of opening bands, but nothing compares to seeing Torquil Campbell's emotional singing performance. I was lucky enough to be right at the front, so there was nothing between me and the stage. This is a concert that should have been packed. I just don't understand how some shows are totally sold out and others, the truly awesome ones are not. There's no logic in it. I think I'm just grateful that they came to Hamilton and gave an amazing concert. Their songs have intrinsic lyrics and Torq's personality transpires in each song. Some may say he's a bit controlling, since he insisted on people's attention when he was singing. I just think that he did what most of us, musicians, feel like doing sometimes. Asking people to stop talking when we are performing. If you ever played for an audience, you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's called RESPECT. Anyway, here's a couple of videos I made at the Casbah.

No comments:

Post a Comment